|5 min||35 min||9|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (cut into ½" cubes)|
|1 cup||Red onion (diced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|6 small pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (sliced)|
|2 can (4oz)||Green chili peppers, canned|
|1 cup||Roma tomatoes (diced)|
|1 can(s) (15oz)||Pinto beans, canned (rinsed and drained)|
|1 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|2 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1/2 tsp||Paprika, smoked|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander)|
|1/2 cup shredded||Colby cheese|
|1 cup cubes||Avocado|
|1/4 cup||Green onion, scallion, ramp (diced)|
1. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil to pan as well as diced chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, turning throughout. About 5-7 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from the pan and put on plate. Set aside.
4. Add onions to pan. Sauté until translucent, approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. Add in garlic, sauté for 30 seconds and immediately add in mini peppers. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add in green chilis, pinto beans, chicken broth, Roma tomatoes, quinoa, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, ground pepper, and cilantro to the pan.
7. Stir and bring to a boil.
8. Add chicken in, stir, cover, and reduce to simmer.
9. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until liquid is evaporated and quinoa is cooked through.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Add cheese to the top. Place cover on and let sit for 1 minute until cheese it melted.
12. Serve with fresh avocado, green onions, and fresh cilantro.
For Dairy Free - omit the cheese
is a great source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!
are a great source of fibre which help to promote healthy digestion!