|15 min||15 min||30 min||6|
|6 stalk||Rhubarb (for filling)|
|1 cup||Water (boiling, for filling)|
|2 tbsp||Stevia sweetener, powder (to taste, for filling)|
|1 piece, 1-inch||Ginger root (finely grated, for filling)|
|1/2 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill (for crumble)|
|3/4 cup||Rolled oats- Gluten Free (for crumble)|
|1 tbsp||Stevia sweetener, powder (to taste, for crumble)|
|1 tsp||Ginger, ground (for crumble)|
|3 tsp||Cinnamon (for crumble)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt (for crumble)|
|2 tbsp||Brown rice syrup (for crumble, or additional sweetener)|
|3 tsp||Coconut oil (for crumble)|
1. Preheat oven to 325º
2. Cut leaves from rhubarb and discard. Wash and chop sticks into 1cm pieces.
3. In a pan over a medium heat, add water, ginger, rhubarb and Stevia (or alternative), and gently simmer for 5 minutes until rhubarb is soft.
4. Taste the mix to check for sweetness, then add to a medium pie dish and set aside.
5. To make the crumble, add the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir.
6. Add oil or butter and sweetener, then rub the mixture between your hands until a crumb forms.
7. Spoon the crumb over the rhubarb mix, and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until crumble is golden.
8. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.