|20 min||50 min||6|
|454 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp||Onion powder|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 tsp||Italian herb seasoning, McCormick|
|1 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1 1/2 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|4 cup||Beef broth (stock)|
|1 can(s) (15oz)||Tomato sauce, canned|
|1 can(s) (14oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1/4 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, dry|
1. Heat olive oil in a dutch oven, or large soup pot, and cook turkey until it is no longer pink.
2. Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Add in the bell peppers and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in the beef stock, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25-30 minutes.
5. Stir in rice and cook until rice is cooked and peppers are tender, about 10 minutes.
This soup can be made completely ahead of time and frozen into portions.
You can use mason jars or plastic freezer containers.
Reheat on stove or in microwave.