|20 min||25 min||12|
|1 1/2 cup||Spelt flour (Can use all-purpose flour)|
|1/2 tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|1 tsp||Baking powder (non-aluminum)|
|1/4 tsp||Baking soda|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|1/3 cup||Butter, unsalted (melted)|
|1 cup||Pumpkin, canned (Can use fresh pumpkin.)|
|1 tbsp||Cinnamon (For topping)|
|1 packette||Stevia sweetener, powder (For topping)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper liners; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients, except topping ingredients. Whisk together til well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients; add to the dry ingredients and mix til just moistened. Don’t over-mix! (Batter will still contain lumps.)
4. Divide batter between the 12 muffin cups. If topping is desired, mix the tablespoon cinnamon and the packet of stevia and sprinkle the mixture over the muffins before baking.
5. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or til they’re golden brown and spring back when lightly touched.
6. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Remove them by loosening the edges with a knife. Put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
**RECIPE AND PHOTOS BY RENEE’S GOURMETS**
All rights reserved