|15 min||40 min||4|
|1/2 cup||Green lentils, raw|
|2 tbsp||Kelp (kombu, tangle) seaweed, raw (pieces)|
|2 leaf||Bay leaf|
|1 1/2 cup||Brown rice, medium-grain, cooked (cooked; cooled)|
|1/4 cup||Olive oil (extra-virgin)|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (infuse into EVOO)|
|3 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh) (fresh)|
|3 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp||Lime peel (zest) (freshly grated)|
|1/2 tsp||Lemon peel (zest)|
|1/2 tsp||Salt and pepper (sea; freshly ground)|
|1/4 cup diced||Carrots|
|1/4 cup chopped||Red bell pepper (diced)|
|1/4 cup chopped||Yellow bell pepper (diced)|
|1/4 cup||Green onion, scallion, ramp (minced)|
|1/4 cup||Raisins, seedless (sultana) (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (minced)|
|1 tbsp||Mint, fresh (minced)|
|1 tbsp||Chives (minced)|
1. Place lentils in a medium bowl and cover with water by 2 inches. Add kombu and soak at room temperature for 2 – 4 hours. Drain and rinse.
2. Place lentils in a small saucepan. Add bay leaves and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil then simmer gently for 15 minutes or until lentils are soft but still hold their shape. Drain, rinse with cold water and let lentils cool to room temperature.
3. Combine olive oil with smashed garlic cloves to create a garlic-infused olive oil. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Discard garlic.
4. For dressing: In a container with a lid, combine garlic-infused oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon & lime zest, and sea salt. Place the lid on the container and shake vigorously until the dressing has emulsified and all ingredients are well combined. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper.
5. In a large bowl, combine lentils, brown rice, carrots, peppers, raisins, and herbs. Add dressing and stir gently to combine. This can be made up to 2 hours ahead or you can serve immediately.
Raisins contain oligos and balamic vinegar contains fructose.
The salad yields 4 servings.
Eat only 1 serving to remain Low FODMAP.