|15 min||4 h||5|
|5 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (4 if they're really big)|
|1 cup chopped||Zucchini|
|1 cup chopped||Carrots|
|1/2 cup chopped||Yellow onion|
|596 gm||Cream of chicken soup, canned (2 (10.5 oz) cans - organic)|
|1/4 cup||Cream, half and half, 10% M.F. (Or cream, if desired)|
|1 dash||Parsley, dried|
|1 dash||Basil, dried|
|1 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 cup||Jasmine rice, dry (for serving)|
|2 cup||Water (for serving)|
1. Mix together the chopped veggies, cream of chicken soup, half & half and spices.
2. Spread a thin layer of gravy in the bottom of your slow cooker. Layer chicken over gravy and top with remaining gravy.
3. Put lid on slow cooker and cook on low approximately 4 hours, or til chicken is tender and no longer pink inside.
4. About 30 minutes before chicken is done cooking, pour the water into a saucepan, add salt (if desired), and bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and simmer 14 minutes, or till rice is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
5. Serve each piece of chicken over a bed of rice and topped with extra gravy. YUM!!!
**RECIPE AND PHOTO BY RENEE’S GOURMETS**
©Renee Norris 2016
All rights reserved.