|15 min||15 min||12|
|2 medium egg||Egg|
|100 gm||Pea Protein Powder (4 scoops)|
|350 gm||Mascarpone cheese|
|1 tbsp||Cocoa powder, unsweetened|
|177 ml||Espresso, restaurant-prepared (6 shots)|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|20 drop(s)||Stevia sweetener, liquid|
|1 tbsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
1. Preheat oven to 175*C (335°F).
2. Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix 50g of the protein powder (chocolate or cookies flavour works best) with the cocoa powder and the flaxseed, then incorporate the dry mix into the beaten egg whites.
4. In a small bowl, whisk 150g mascarpone cheese with a fork, then incorporate it into the previously obtained mix.
5. Pour the mix into 12 cupcake moulds (silicone moulds are easy to use and wash and are entirely non-stick) and bake for about 15 minutes.
6. In the meantime, prepare the cupcake topping: whip well the remaining mascarpone cheese with the remaining protein powder (chocolate or vanilla flavour), then incorporate the 2 egg yolks and add vanilla flavouring to taste. Add 10 drops of liquid sweetener (or adjust to your taste) and mix very well.
7. When the cupcake moulds are cooled, soak the cupcake bases with espresso or strong black coffee, about 1/2 shot per cupcake. Sweeten the coffee with 5-10 drops of liquid sweetener.
8. Let the cupcakes absorb the coffee, then divide the topping equally into the 12 moulds. Decorate with small beads if you wish, and let them chill overnight before serving.