|20 min||35 min||16|
|5 cup||Rolled oats, dry (NOT quick-cook)|
|1/2 cup||Pecans (heaping)|
|1/2 cup||Walnuts (heaping)|
|1/2 cup||Sliced almonds (heaping)|
|2 1/4 tsp||Cinnamon (more, to taste)|
|1 pinch||Sea Salt|
|1/2 cup packed||Brown sugar|
|1/2 cup||Butter, unsalted|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|1 cup||Mixed fruit, dried (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease 2 big cookie sheets by spreading butter over them.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter with the honey and brown sugar, stirring occasionally til the sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the into the dry ingredients and toss to coat all the oat mixture.
4. Spread the granola into a thin layer on the cookie sheets. Bake at 300°F for 25-35 minutes or til it’s golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Crumble it apart and add the dried fruit if using. Store in an airtight container.