Immune Booster Orange Smoothie
A simple sweet potato smoothie packed with nutrients and naturally creamy and sweet. Healthy, easy and so nutritious.
1 large potato
(cooked, skin removed & mashed; about 1 cup loosely packed (or sub; puree + extra banana; syrup for sweetness))
(ground; cinnamon; and ginger (if using fresh ginger; use; tsp chopped))
Flaxseed meal (ground)
(or chia seeds)
Almond milk, unsweetened
- To bake your sweet potato, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and split in half lengthwise. Lightly oil and place face down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until soft - 25-30 minutes.
- Or, to steam, place in a steamer basket over 2 inches of simmering water and cover to steam for roughly 5-10 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool slightly before adding to blender.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings/sweetness as needed. Add orange for added sweetness, and more ice to thicken.
- Split between two small glasses and serve. Garnish with extra cinnamon.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat
are a good source of antioxidants and are high in fiber which together promote gut health