|10 min||20 min||4|
|454 gm||Green/yellow string beans, raw (washed, ends removed)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|2 1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 pinch||Salt (to taste)|
1. In a large skillet, pour 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil enough to just coat the bottom.
2. Add onions and sauté for one minute over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and green beans, stir to coat in oil, then place a lid over the skillet, let cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir green beans, and cover again for another 5 minutes.
5. Stir green beans again then cover for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove cover, stir green beans and let sauté uncovered for about 3 minutes to evaporate any water that may have accumulated in the skillet, salt to taste.
contain a healthy dose of iron and are high in fibre!