|10 min||15 min||25 min||4|
|4 medium slice||Bacon (chopped)|
|3 tbsp||Canola oil|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1/2 medium||Tomato (diced)|
|171 gm||Atlantic Cod (salted)|
|1 can (19oz)||Callaloo, canned|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 pinch||Salt (to taste)|
1. Reduce the salt in the cod fish.
2. Drain canned callaloo in a colander and set aside.
3. Fry chopped bacon in 2 tbsp of oil and set aside.
4. Sauté chopped onion and tomato in cooking oil until onion is transparent.
5. Add bacon, flaked cod fish and 1 tbsp of oil to the saucepan.
6. Gently fold in callaloo and sprinkle with remaining pepper.
7. Cover and simmer on low heat for four to five minutes.
is an excellent source of protein and high in Omega 3 fatty acids which are great for brain health and decreasing inflammation!