|20 min||20 min||4|
|1 eggplant peeled||Eggplant (cut into 1 inch cubes)|
|1/2 medium head||Cauliflower (cut into small florets; about 4 cups)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (cut into 1 inch pieces)|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (smashed & peeled)|
|1/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp||Kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/4 tsp||Red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup (dry)||Farro|
|1/2 cup||Panko bread crumbs (or gluten free)|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated (+ more for serving - or use nutritional yeast)|
|5 cup||Marinara pasta sauce|
1. Preheat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 400°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. To another rimmed sheet pan or large baking dish, add the eggplant, cauliflower, bell pepper, and garlic. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss together and arrange in a single layer. Roast for about 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook the farro. Fill a medium saucepan with water and let come to a boil. Add the farro and cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain into a strainer and run under cold water to cool.
4. Put the roasted vegetables in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not smooth. Scrape into a large bowl and stir in the panko bread crumbs, parmesan, and farro.
5. Shape the mixture into balls, about 2 inches in diameter. Space them 1 inch apart on the prepared pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until slightly browned and crisp on the outside and heated through. Serve with the marinara sauce and a little more parmesan.