|10 min||30 min||6|
|1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|454 gm||Chicken, ground, lean (or ground turkey breast)|
|1 dash||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|1 1/2 cup||Tomato sauce, canned|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|3 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|1 tsp||Sriracha (or hot sauce of choice)|
|1 tbsp||Maple syrup (or honey)|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh (finely chopped, optional for garnish)|
|7 bun||Sandwich bun|
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium to high heat.
2. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes and until onion is soft.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl and set aside.
4. Add turkey (or chicken) to the same skillet; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up the turkey, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add onion mixture, tomato sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, tomato paste, sriracha sauce and maple syrup. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
7. Sprinkle each serving with fresh parsley before serving, if desired.
8. Serve over zucchini noodles, spinach greens or on bread/bun.
is an excellent source of lean protein!