|20 min||50 min||8|
|2 cup cubes||Kabocha squash (baked in oven for 30mins prior - then diced in cubes)|
|1 cup||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (chopped)|
|1 cup||Shiitake mushrooms, raw (chopped)|
|1 cup||Leek (diced)|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil (for sautéeing veggies)|
|1 package||Tofu, regular, firm (organic)|
|3 tbsp||Nutritional yeast|
|2 tbsp||Dijon mustard, gluten free|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1 cup||Quinoa, cooked (for crust)|
|1/4 cup||Flaxseed meal (ground) (for crust)|
|1/4 cup||Water (for crust)|
|2 sprig||Rosemary, fresh (for crust)|
1. To start making the crust, combine flaxseed meal with water and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, fry your veggies on medium-low heat (this should take 20-ish minutes).
3. Back to the crust now - mix flaxseed and water with quinoa and rosemary, and pat into a prepared tart pan using your hands. Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
4. Blend tofu, nutritional yeast, mustard and spices in a blender, and then add to your veggie mixture.
5. Take out your prepared crust, pour the rest of the ingredients into it, and bake for another 20 minutes.
is an important source of plant-based protein and an excellent source of calcium and iron!
contain antioxidants and are a good source of both soluble and insoluble fiber!