|15 min||1 h||4|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
2. Remove large stems from the kale and discard. Rip kale leaves into large pieces and clean well by placing in water to soak. Remove kale and dry completely using a salad spinner or towel.
3. Place kale pieces into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and using your hands, massage into the kale.
4. Spread kale out onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper, making sure the pieces do not overlap.
5. Place baking sheets into the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Then, turn the oven temperature up to 250°F and continue baking until kale feels dry and crisp.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy! Store at room temperature in a sealed container.
Kale chips can also be made in a dehydrator instead of the oven.
The kale chips can be baked at a higher oven temperature for a shorter cooking time,
but the lower temperature/slower cooking method preserves more nutrients.