|25 min||30 min||55 min||6|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper (or to taste, for filling)|
|3 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium (for filling)|
|1 cup||Frozen peas and carrots (for filling)|
|1/2 tsp||Kosher salt (or to taste, for filling)|
|4 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated (for filling)|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh (chopped, for filling)|
|3 cup||Rotisserie chicken breast, skinless (shredded, for filling - purchase ready!)|
|3/4 cup||All-purpose white flour (for filling)|
|3 large egg||Egg (lightly beaten, for popover)|
|1/4 tsp||Baking powder (for popover)|
|3 tbsp||Butter, unsalted (melted, for popover)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure (for popover)|
|3/4 cup||All-purpose white flour (for popover)|
|1 cup||Whole milk 3.3% (for popover)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour 12-cup muffin tin.
2. For the popovers: Whisk the milk, flour, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until combined.
3. Drizzle in the melted butter while whisking until combined; let the batter stand for 5 minutes. Add the baking powder; whisk the batter to combine and divide it evenly among the muffin cups (a scant 1/4 cup batter per muffin cup).
4. Bake the popovers until puffed and browned around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan about halfway through.
5. For filling: While the popovers are baking, put the broth and flour into a medium saucepan and whisk until the flour is dissolved.
6. Place the saucepan over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture comes to a boil; continue to whisk until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the peas and carrots, then the chicken; cover to keep warm.
7. To assemble: When the popovers are done, turn them out of the pan, using a small spatula if necessary. Arrange 2 popovers on each of six plates or bowls and top with the chicken filling, dividing evenly among the popovers. Garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle on the remaining 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan.
are a great source of plant-based protein and high in fiber which helps to promote digestion
are an excellent source of beta-carotene which is great for immunity and vision!