|15 min||1 h 33 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil, Extra Virgin|
|2 gm||White onion (chopped)|
|2 1/2 tbsp||Chili powder|
|1 1/2 tsp||Paprika, smoked|
|1 1/2 tsp||Garlic powder|
|2 tsp, ground||Basil, dried|
|1 dash||Chipotle seasoning|
|1/2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|2 tbsp||All-Purpose Salt Free Seasoning Salt, McCormick|
|1 bottle (341ml)||Beer, light (4% alcohol)|
|2 cup chopped||Red bell pepper|
|1/4 pepper||Ancho, poblano, pepper|
|2 can(s) (14oz)||Diced tomatoes, low sodium, canned|
|1 can (14 oz)||Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes|
|2 tbsp||Maple syrup, pure|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce, tamari|
|1/2 tsp||Liquid smoke|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1/3 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|3 cup||Black beans, canned (rinsed and drained)|
|1 cup||Walnuts (crushed)|
|2 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels|
1. Add the oil and onion to a large, lidded cooking pot.
Sauté the onion over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, basil, chipotle powder, cumin, oregano, pepper and no-salt seasoning. Add a few splashes of the beer to deglaze the pan and simmer 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat slightly and/or add more beer if the spices are burning at all.
3. Stir in the bell and poblano peppers and the rest of the beer. Simmer about 7 minutes.
Add the canned tomatoes, maple syrup, soy sauce, salt, liquid smoke and water.
Loosely lid the pot and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the lemon juice, quinoa, black beans, walnuts and corn.
Reduce the heat to medium low, lid the pot and simmer about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add enough water to make it the consistency you like as you need to.
5. Serve with your favourite toppings like fresh cilantro, avocado or vegan cheese shreds.
are a great source of plant-based protein and are very high in fibre