|30 min||55 min||1 h 25 min||4|
|3 cup||All-purpose white flour (for homemade pasta sheets)|
|1/2 cup||Cream sauce (as needed)|
|4 large egg||Egg (for homemade pasta sheets)|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for homemade pasta sheets)|
|1 cup, shredded||Mozzarella cheese, partially skimmed (as needed)|
|1/2 cup||Basil pesto (as needed)|
|1/4 tsp||Salt (for homemade pasta sheets)|
|1/2 cup||Tomato sauce, canned (or homemade meat sauce)|
1. To make homemade pasta sheets:
2. Run the pasta through a pasta machine at the thickest setting. It will look lumpy. Fold it in half and repeat. Do this about 6 times until the pasta comes out nice and smooth. Finally, move the pasta roller to the next thinner setting and run it through again. Repeat moving only one or two notches at a time until you reach your desired thinness.
3. Roll it out as thin as your pasta roller will go. Then use the jar (16oz wide mouth pint jars) as a cookie cutter to make your pasta rounds. It takes a lot of rounds to fill a jar- approximately 30 layers.
4. Before building, blanch the pasta rounds in salted boiling water for about 20 seconds. This can be done in batches of 10 and build layers of lasagna at the same time. When building the lasagna, it is normal for it to be tough to get the rounds into the bottom of the jars to lay somewhat flat.
5. Start with the pesto between the layers, then about 1/4 of the way, go with the cream sauce and lots of mozzarella. Then for the top 50% do the tomato sauce with mozzarella. Go right to the top and pop some extra mozzarella right on there.
6. Bake jars at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes. Do not freeze these and then pop them into a preheated oven or you will have some lasagna bombs on your hands!
Serve and enjoy!