|10 min||20 min||30 min||8|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
|3/4 cup||Bread crumbs, plain|
|908 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|8 leaf||Lettuce, looseleaf|
|3 tsp||Rosemary, fresh|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce, low sodium|
|1/2 cup||Tomato sauce, canned|
|2/3 cup||Yellow onion|
|8 bun||Sandwich bun (whole grain)|
1. Oven broiled burger patties: Pre-heat to broil.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the lettuce and tomatoes. Mix well.
3. Shape turkey mixture into 8 even 1/2 inch thick patties. Place patties on greased broiler pan and place in heated oven. Broil for 8 minutes; turn patties over and broil for another 8 minutes. Meat thermometer placed in the centre of the patties should read 165F /74C. (OR - use point 5 to cook on grill)
4. Lightly toast halved buns in a toaster oven or place in broiler pan and broil cut-side up for 1-2 minutes. Once toasted, place the patties on lettuce-lined buns and top with tomato slices.
5. Grilled burger patties: Heat grill and lightly oil grill rack. Place patties on grill over medium heat. cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer placed in the centre of the patties reads 165F /74C.
is an excellent source of lean protein!