|20 min||20 min||15|
|2 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|3/4 cup||Almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened, Silk|
|1 dash||Baking soda (gluten free)|
|1 cup||Blueberries (or frozen)|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 tbsp||Lemon peel (zest)|
|1/4 cup||Maple syrup|
|1/4 cup||Tapioca starch|
1. Stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour, and baking soda in a mixing bowl (dry ingredients).
2. Whisk together the eggs, hummus, almond milk, pure maple syrup, lemon zest and juice in a mixing bowl (wet ingredients).
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet and stir until combined. Allow batter to sit 5 minutes to thicken. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to a non-stick skillet (enough to generously coat the surface) and heat to medium.
5. Measure out a scant 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour onto the hot skillet. Cook until sides begin to firm up and many air bubbles rise to the top of the batter, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until pancake is cooked through.
6. Repeat for remaining batter. Serve with fresh blueberries, butter, and pure maple syrup.
are rich in vitamin E and a good source of protein!