|15 min||40 min||4|
|1/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tbsp||Garlic (finely chopped)|
|1/3 cup||White wine|
|1 tbsp||Lemon peel (zest)|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 tsp||Thyme, fresh (finely chopped)|
|4 breast||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless|
|1 dash||Salt (for chicken)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (for chicken)|
|1 medium||Lemon (cut into small wedges)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
2. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, don't allow it to turn brown.
3. Turn off the heat, add white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and salt. Pour the mixture into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish.
4. Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil mixture and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
5. Cut the lemon into wedges and tuck them throughout the pieces of chicken.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, longer for thicker chicken breasts. Bake until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned (internal temperature 165°F or 74°C)
7. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.