|15 min||0 min||12|
|1 cup||Cashew nuts, raw|
|1 1/2 cup||Medjool date (10-12 dates, pitted)|
|1 whole lemon(s)||Lemon peel (zest)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1/2 cup||Coconut flakes, unsweetened|
|2 tbsp||Coconut flakes, unsweetened (for rolling)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
1. Place cashews in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. (Avoid over processing or you will end up with nut butter!).
2. Add dates, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice, sea salt and coconut.
3. Pulse until mixture begins to clump.
4. Shape mixture into bite size balls and roll in reserved 2 Tbsp of shredded coconut.
5. Toss them in the fridge or freezer for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
Can be stored in fridge for 4-5 days (if you can keep your paws off of them that long).
Can also be frozen and defrosted for a few minutes prior to eating.