|10 min||20 min||3|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rinse the asparagus well and cut off about one inch off the bottom of the stems (this part tends to be very fibrous and stringy). it should snap off easily by hand
2. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet lined with foil and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Mince the clove of garlic and zest the lemon. Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper over the asparagus, add the garlic and half of the lemon zest.
4. Toss with your hands until everything is coated in oil and seasoning. Spread the asparagus out so they are in a single layer on the baking sheet.
5. Place the asparagus in the oven. After ten minutes in the oven, use a spatula to stir the asparagus and then roast for ten more minutes.
6. After twenty minutes total, the asparagus should be tender and even a little crispy on the tips.
7. When the asparagus comes out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining fresh lemon zest and just a little lemon juice.
omit Black Pepper
is a great source of fiber and vitamins A, C and E. It contains a trace mineral called chromium which is effective in improving the bodies response to insulin