Lemon Garlic Roasted Asparagus
A great nutrient-dense side packed with fiber! Cooking for a crowd? Double or triple the batch!
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the asparagus well and cut or snap about one inch off the bottom of the stems (it should snap off easily by hand).
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet lined with foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Mince the clove of garlic and zest the lemon.
- Sprinkle the salt, freshly ground pepper, minced garlic, and half of the lemon zest over the asparagus.
- Toss the asparagus with your hands until everything is coated in oil and seasoning.
- Spread the asparagus out so they are in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Place the asparagus in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a spatula to stir the asparagus, then roast for 10 more minutes.
- After twenty minutes total, the asparagus should be tender and even a little crispy on the tips.
- When the asparagus comes out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining fresh lemon zest and just a little lemon juice.
To make this recipe AIP friendly, omit black pepper.
Asparagus is a great source of fiber and vitamins A, C, and E. It also contains a trace mineral called chromium, which is effective in improving the body's response to insulin.
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat