|10 min||30 min||3|
|1 cup sliced||Carrots|
|2 tsp||Coconut oil|
|1 dash||Cayenne pepper|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 medium||Lemon (cut into wedges for serving)|
|1/4 cup||Lemon juice|
|3 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped, for garnish)|
|1 1/2 cup||Red lentils, raw (rinsed)|
|1 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, gluten-free|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
1. Heat coconut oil in a stock pot, sauté onion and carrots until tender, approximately 8 minutes.
2. Add garlic, spices, salt and pepper, stir until fragrant. Add vegetable broth, water, and lentils – bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat and simmer until lentils are soft, about 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
4. With a hand blender, puree half of the soup. Stir in lemon juice, taste for salt and pepper.
5. Serve topped with parsley and a lemon wedge.
Serve and enjoy!
are an excellent source of plant based protein and fiber which may help to promote proper digestion!