|5 min||10 min||15 min||2|
|3 cup||Baby spinach (or kale)|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (diced)|
|1 cup||Grape tomatoes (halved)|
|1 medium||Lemon (juice of 1 lemon)|
|1 tsp||Lemon peel (zest)|
|1 tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated, low fat|
|170 gm||Pasta, whole wheat, dry (Healthy Harvest)|
|12 large||Shrimp, raw|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (sliced)|
1. Boil water and add pasta - cook to al dente.
2. In the meantime, sauté shrimp with 1 tsp of oil (approx 2-3 mins per side) and set aside.
3. Add onions to frying pan (med-high heat), cook for 5 mins, then add garlic and tomatoes and cook for further 6-7 mins and turn heat to minimum.
4. Drain pasta and add to frying pan along with spinach, lemon and lemon zest.
5. Once spinach is wilted, serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Serve and enjoy!
is a good source of protein and, high in Omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for our bodies and must be obtained from food!