|10 min||20 min||20|
|1 cup||Red lentils, raw|
|1 bunch||Parsley, Italian, fresh (chopped)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|2 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground) (mixed with 3tbsp water)|
|4 tbsp||Nutritional yeast|
|4 large||Black olives (sliced)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (mashed)|
|1/3 cup||Bread crumbs, plain (as needed)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil (for frying)|
1. Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
2. Add lentils in a pot and cover them with water. From the moment they start boiling, let them boil for about 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
3. Strain the lentils very well and put them in a large bowl.
4. Cut the eggplant in half and scoop out the pulp. Chop it and put it in the bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, except oil.
5. Using a fork, or your hands, start mixing the composition. It has to be sticky and easy to shape. Add more breadcrumbs if it is too wet, until it has a dough-like consistency.
6. Cook the patties – bake or light fry by spraying a non stick pan with some oil. Put each patty on the frying pan and let it fry about 2 minutes on each side.
Serve and enjoy!
are an important source of plant-based protein, and they are very high in fiber which is important for digestion!