|5 min||20 min||25 min||3|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
|1/4 cup||Quinoa, uncooked (rinsed)|
|1/4 cup||Red lentils, raw (rinsed)|
|1 medium||Tomato (chopped)|
|1 1/2 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
1. In saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat and add onion, garlic, oregano.
2. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
3. Stir in lentils and quinoa to coat.
4. Pour in broth and water, chopped tomato and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until lentils and quinoa are tender.
6. Remove bay leaf and serve sprinkled with parsley.
Alternatively, use an immersion blender and puree until smooth and stir in parsley to serve.
Serve lentil soup with a side salad from @mealgarden selection of salad recipes
are full of polyphenols which help to fight against harmful agents in the body.
They are high in protein, a great source of iron and full of fiber