|2 min||7 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 medium||White onion (Chopped)|
|1 cup sliced||Carrots|
|1 cup||Lentils, red, cooked|
|4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
|1 bunch||Basil, fresh|
|1/4 tsp||Oregano, fresh|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (To taste)|
1. Sauté the onions, garlic and carrot in coconut oil until onions become translucent (about 5 minutes)
2. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the basil and lemon, and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer, covered, for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn off the heat and mix in the basil and lemon just before serving
5. Light some candles, take a deep breath, and warm your soul!
Optional: add another ½ c of cooked high-quality protein - eg. chickpeas, beans, lentils
are a great source of fiber and are full of polyphenols which fight against harmful agents in the body