|10 min||30 min||2|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup||Yellow onion (diced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (crushed)|
|1/2 cup||Lentil medley, raw|
|3 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 medium potato(es)||Sweet potato (cubed)|
|1/2 medium head||Cauliflower|
|1/2 medium||Tomato (diced)|
|2 tbsp||Miso paste|
1. In a medium sized pot, heat the olive oil and add the onions. Saute for several minutes until they become translucent.
2. Add the garlic, sweet potato, and carrots. Saute for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the lentils, veggie stock, cauliflower, diced tomatoes and cumin. Cover, reduce to a low simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until lentils are soft. Remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl, remove a few Tbs. of hot liquid from the pot and mix with miso paste. Once combined thoroughly (no chunks), add back to the lentil soup and stir in.
5. Season soup with salt and pepper.
6. Serve wish steamed chard, and enjoy!
are a great source of plant-based protein and are very high in fiber which will help to promote digestion