|10 min||30 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Chili powder|
|1/2 tsp||Crushed red pepper|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Garlic (crushed)|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 cup||Lentils, raw (rinsed)|
|3 1/2 cup||Water|
|1/2 large||Yellow onion (diced)|
|1 cup||Salsa, ready-to-serve|
1. Place olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
2. Sauté the garlic and onion until soft and translucent.
3. Add lentils and seasonings, and stir well. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and occasionally stir for 25-30 minutes, until lentils are tender and slightly soft (all of the water should be absorbed, and should not be mushy).
4. Stir in the salsa and heat for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Serve over a bed of lettuce for a taco salad or with whole grain tortillas.
are a great source of plant-based protein and are very high in fiber and are a great source of iron (Fe)!