|10 min||15 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Coconut oil (or olive oil)|
|3 cup grated||Carrots (sliced)|
|2 medium||White onion (chopped)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|4 cup||Water (or bone broth)|
|3/4 cup||Red lentils, raw|
|6 sprig||Cilantro (coriander)|
1. In a large pot heat oil and cook onions over medium heat for a few minutes.
2. Add carrots, garlic, and spices and cook another 5 minutes.
3. Add water and lentils, bring to a boil and reduce. Simmer, covered, about 15 - 20 minutes.
4. When cooked puree until smooth - or leave half chunky.
5. Top with cilantro and fresh yogurt.