|15 min||0 min||15 min||18|
|1/4 cup||Basil pesto|
|6 slice||Mozzarella cheese, partially skimmed (or vegan variety, cut into 1/2-inch strips)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (thinly sliced into matchsticks)|
|1/8 tsp||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1/2 cup||Spinach (shredded)|
|171 gm||Turkey breast (shredded, pre-cooked)|
1. Slice the cucumbers lengthwise on a mandoline at about a 2mm setting, or using a vegetable peeler. Place the cucumber slices on parchment paper and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto on each cucumber, then evenly distribute cheese, turkey, bell pepper and spinach on each.
3. Sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper. Roll up and place seam down.
4. For even nicer presentation, stick a toothpick in the middle for easy appetizers.
5. Serve with extra pesto or sauce of choice.
is a great source of lean protein!
It is high in tryptophan which is an amino acid that helps regulate SLEEP!
It is also high in the antioxidant selenium which is great for healthy immunity!