|10 min||8 h||6|
|4 tsp||Salt (for rub)|
|2 tsp||Paprika (for rub)|
|1 tsp||Cayenne pepper (for rub)|
|1 tsp||Onion powder (for rub)|
|1 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried (for rub)|
|1 tsp||White pepper (for rub)|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic powder (for rub)|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper (for rub)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|5 medium||Carrots (chopped)|
|4 medium stalk(s)||Celery (cut into thirds)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (peeled, smashed)|
|1 medium||Lemon (quartered)|
|1 2/3 kg||Whole Chicken|
1. Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Prep the vegetables and place inside the slow cooker.
2. Remove chicken from packaging and remove neck and pouch with organs. Discard or reserve for later use in another recipe. Rinse chicken with water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub garlic all over outside of the chicken. Put garlic inside the chicken. Put the rub all over the outside and inside the chicken. Add quartered lemon to the inside of the chicken.
4. Place chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover slow cooker and cook chicken on low for 4-8 hours. (A 4 lb chicken, will take approximately 6 hours. The time will depend on the size of the chicken and your slow cooker.) Cook until the internal temperature of the leg is at 160 degrees F or use a pop-up thermometer as the original recipe calls for.
5. Remove chicken and place in a 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish. Place baking dish in the oven under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes. Allow chicken to rest after removing it from the broiler for 5-10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
is an excellent source of lean protein which aids in muscle growth and repair!
contain key vitamins and minerals important for the health and maintenance of the body!