|30 min||40 min||4|
|1 tsp||Kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|1/4 tsp||Ground cloves|
|1/4 tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
|1/4 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1 dash||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|1 onion(s)||Sweet onion (chopped)|
|2 cup||Kale (finely shredded)|
|7 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
|1 can (15oz)||Chickpeas, canned, drained (drained)|
|2 medium potato||Sweet potato (peeled, diced)|
|1 can(s) (16 oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned (unrained)|
|3 potato||Potato (peeled, diced)|
|4 large||Carrots (chopped)|
|1 cup||Lentils, raw (rinsed)|
|1/2 cup||Apricot, dried (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Cornstarch (optional)|
|1 tbsp||Water (optional)|
1. Combine cinnamon, cumin, salt, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, turmeric, and curry powder in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onion in the butter until soft and just beginning to brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir in kale and spice mixture; cook until kale begins to wilt and spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Stir chickpeas, tomatoes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, lentils, apricots, and honey, into the broth; bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables and lentils are cooked and tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Season stew with black pepper.
6. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into stew and simmer thickened, about 5 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Beans and Lentils
are a great source of plant-based protein for vegetarians and vegans.
They are high in fibre which helps to promote healthy digestion!