|10 min||0 min||2|
|1 small||Apple (chopped)|
|1/2 cup slices||Beets, pickled (or marinated)|
|1 medium||Carrots (shredded)|
|1/4 cup||Kalamata olives|
|2 cup||Lettuce, spring mix (mesclun) (divided between jars)|
|1/2 cup||Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)|
|1/4 medium||Red onion (thinly sliced)|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper|
|1 cup whole||Sugar snap peas (chopped)|
|2 can drained||White tuna, canned in water, drained|
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together your tuna fish and your mayonnaise until it has reached desired consistency.
2. Spice the tuna as you see fit. Add a little bit of salt and black pepper to liven things up. Split the tuna evenly between the two quart sized mason jars.
3. Layer the marinated beets and olives evenly on top of the tuna fish in both jars, followed by the sugar snap peas and carrots. Finally, add the apples and as many salad greens as you can fit into the jars. Evenly split the roasted pumpkin seeds to top both jars.
4. Close the jars with their lids, and refrigerate. Grab them easily in the morning.
5. When ready to eat, dump out your salad into a bowl or onto a plate. Dress with your favourite dressing or eat as is.
The salad should last in the fridge for 48 hours.
Be sure to refrigerate since there is mayonnaise mixed in the the tuna!