|15 min||0 min||4|
|1 bunch||Kale (large)|
|2 cup whole||Strawberries (1 pint)|
|1/3 cup||Parsley, fresh|
|1/2 cup||Pine nuts, dried (or walnuts)|
|1 cup||Croutons, plain|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (poppy seed vinaigrette)|
|2 tbsp||Rice vinegar (poppy seed vinaigrette)|
|1 tsp||Honey, raw (poppy seed vinaigrette)|
|1/2 tsp||Poppy seeds (poppy seed vinaigrette)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (poppy seed vinaigrette)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (poppy seed vinaigrette)|
1. Place a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add pine nuts to the dry pan and cook for about 2 minutes, or until they start to become fragrant and are a light golden brown. Set aside.
2. Rinse the kale under cold water to remove any dirt. Use a salad spinner to remove excess water or pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. If using curly kale, cut out the rib of each kale leaf. Slice the leaves into ribbons roughly 1⁄2 inch thick and place them in a large salad bowl.
3. Combine oil, rice vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper, and whisk together.
4. Pour vinaigrette over kale. Using your hands, massage into the kale for about two minutes. Add strawberries and herbs and toss to combine.
5. Divide salad among six plates and top with nuts and croutons.
Option to use any herbs you like.