|10 min||0 min||2|
|2 can drained||White tuna, canned in water, drained|
|1/4 cup||Mayonnaise, low fat (or vegenaise)|
|1/4 cup||Kalamata olives (chopped)|
|0.12 small||Red onion (finely chopped)|
|1/2 pepper(s)||Roasted red peppers, canned (see roasting instructions below)|
|2 tbsp||Basil, fresh (chopped)|
|1 tbsp drained||Capers, canned|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
|2 large||Tomato (chopped)|
1. Pre-heat broiler to 400-500F
2. To roast peppers: cut stem off and remove the seeds, slice peppers lengthwise. Place peppers on a baking sheet on oven rack, leave peppers on broil for about 20 minutes. (oven temperatures may vary so stay close and keep checking) until peppers are slightly charred, then remove from heat with tongs.
3. Add all ingredients together except tomatoes in a large bowl then stir to combine.
4. Slice tomatoes into sixths, without cutting all the way through, then gently pry open.
5. Scoop Mediterranean Tuna Salad mixture into the center then serve.
No mayonnaise/diary free?
cut in half one avocado, turn to separate, use half of the avocado to scoop out the contents and mash with a fork until it is creamy like mayo. Store the rest of the avocado in an
you can use 1/4 cup of hummus
you can also find mayonnaise substitutes in your local grocery store in the health food section:
avocado mayonnaise, vegenaise
is a great source of high-quality protein. It consists of all the amino acids that are required by the body for growth and maintenance of lean muscle tissue. It also contains heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids.