|15 min||25 min||5|
|1 can (15oz)||Refried beans, canned|
|1/4 cup||Roasted red peppers, canned|
|2 cup||Frozen white corn kernels (organic)|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (optional)|
|2 green onion (stem)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (thinly sliced)|
|2 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese (or use vegan cheddar)|
|10 medium tortilla(s)||Whole wheat tortilla (organic)|
|1/2 cup||Salsa, ready-to-serve (organic)|
|2 tbsp||Sour cream, 14% M.F. (for serving - or use Greek yogurt)|
1. Combine all filling ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate until ready to cook.
2. Divide mixture between the 8-10 tortilla shells, spread with a knife on half the shell and fold over.
3. Coat a 12 inch frying pan with a tiny bit of oil (no oil needed if you are using a non-stick pan) and fry up 2 shells at a time over medium heat.
4. Flip shells when slightly brown 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Serve with dipping sauces. Extra quesadillas can be cooked then frozen, wrapped in foil in a ziplock bag and reheated at a later time in a frying pan or in the toaster oven. Try them for school lunches heated and wrapped in foil.
are a great source of fiber which helps to promote bowel regularity!