|10 min||1 h||4|
|2 cup||Broccoli, raw (steamed)|
|1 squash||Butternut squash (halved, seeds scooped out)|
|1 cup chopped||Carrots (steamed)|
|1 cup||Cauliflower (steamed)|
|1/4 cup||Coconut oil|
|500 gm||Ground turkey, extra lean|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|1 small||Yellow onion (finely diced)|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Drizzle the inside of each squash half with oil. Place squash halves flesh-side-up on baking tray. Cook in the oven for an hour or until flesh is soft.
2. Meanwhile, fry onion and garlic until soft. Add spices and ground turkey (can use beef or chicken as well). Cook until turkey has browned all over.
3. Remove squash from the oven and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
4. Stir the flesh through mincemeat and spoon back into the pumpkin skin. Return to the oven for 10 minutes to heat through.
5. Serve with steamed greens, and enjoy!
To steam vegetables: