|15 min||35 min||50 min||4|
|1/3 cup||All-purpose white flour|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/3 cup||Butter, salted|
|1 3/4 cup||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|3 cup shredded||Chicken, cooked|
|2 cup||Frozen vegetable mix|
|1/2 cup||Partly skimmed milk, 1% M.F.|
|1 1/2 crust (20cm)||Pie crust, unbaked (use 2 crusts, trimmed to fit jars)|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare jars by washing and drying.
3. Cut each of the pie crusts (there are four total) into quarters. Press each quarter into a jar, making sure the crust completely covers the jar.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté for two minutes, until fragrant. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and mix well. Gradually add broth and milk, stirring continuously and cooking until thick.
5. Add the frozen vegetables and cook for a few more minutes, stirring continuously. Add in the chicken.
6. Spoon chicken mixture into the prepared pie jars, filling to the brim.
7. Top with the remaining pie crust quarters, using the tops of the jars to cut the dough to size, or creating a lattice pattern using thin strips of dough.
8. Remember to make sure there are vents in the tops of the pies if you do not use the lattice pattern (it will have vents on its own).
9. Bake 15 minutes until crust starts to turn golden brown. Cover in foil and bake another 15-20 minutes.