|10 min||20 min||6|
|4 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1/2 medium||White onion (finely diced)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|227 gm||Frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)|
|8 jumbo egg||Egg|
|1/4 cup||Coconut milk|
|2 tbsp||Coconut flour|
|1 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (halved)|
|1 tsp||Himalayan sea salt|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sauté onion until soft and translucent.
2. Add garlic. Season with salt and pepper and spoon to a plate to cool to room temperature.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until combined. Then, add the spinach and stir to combine.
4. Brush the remainder of melted coconut oil onto a muffin tin. Spoon the egg mixture into the muffin tins and top with halved cherry tomatoes.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, rotating the tray at the halfway point. Let muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes. Enjoy!
Note: 1 serving is 2 muffins
are high quality protein and an excellent source of B vitamins, they are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids if stated on carton label