|10 min||15 min||25 min||18|
|908 gm||Ground turkey, lean|
|1 package (10oz)||Frozen spinach|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
|171 gm||White mushrooms (diced)|
|2 medium||Carrots (grated)|
|4 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground) (combined with water)|
|12 tbsp||Water (combined with flax)|
|1/3 cup||Coconut flour|
|2 tsp||Sea salt|
|2 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 tsp||Onion powder|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1/4 tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Thaw the spinach and squeeze out the excess water and set aside.
3. Heat a pan on medium heat, add the oil and fry the onions and mushrooms until the onions are translucent and some of the liquid has cooked out of the mushrooms. Set aside to cool.
4. Place the ground meat in a large bowl, add the spinach, carrots, mushroom/onion mixture, flax eggs, coconut flour and all the spices. Use your hands to combine it well but do not over mix to be too thin.
5. Fill 18 regular size muffin tins to the top with the meatloaf mixture. (Greasing the tins with coconut oil or lining them may be a good idea if the meat you’re using is fairly lean)
5. Cook for 45 minutes.
is an excellent source of lean protein!