|15 min||30 min||45 min||8|
|1 medium||Carrots (grated)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 tsp||Coconut oil|
|2 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (finely chopped)|
|1 can (19oz)||Mixed beans, canned|
|1 parsnip(s)||Parsnip (grated)|
|1 1/2 cup||Rolled oats, dry|
|1/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce, low sodium|
|1 tbsp||Tomato ketchup|
|1 large||Yellow onion (minced)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse beans well in colander under cold running water.
3. Heat a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
4. Add the carrot, parsnip, chili powder, cumin, salt and cook until the carrot and parsnip is tender. Turn off the heat and set aside.
5. Mash the beans in a large bowl. Add the carrot and parsnip mixture, mustard, ketchup, soy sauce and oats. Mix well and then shape the mixture into eight patties.
6. Place patties in the fridge for 15 minutes so they become firm.
7. Heat a non-stick skillet and coat with coconut oil.
8. Cook patties over medium heat for four to five minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
9. Place patties on parchment lined cookie sheet, Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until hot.
10. Serve with your favourite toppings.
are an important source of plant-based protein and are high in fibre which may help to promote healthy digestion!