|10 min||10 min||4|
|3 1/2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|4 mushroom(s)||Shiitake mushrooms, raw (sliced)|
|1/2 block||Tofu, regular, firm (organic, sliced in strips)|
|2 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (chopped)|
|4 cup shredded||Red cabbage (or mix of green and purple)|
|1 medium||Carrots (grated)|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce, tamari (preferably organic)|
|4 piece||Rice paper (soaked as per package instructions)|
|4 tbsp||Soy sauce, tamari (for hoisin sauce)|
|2 tbsp||Peanut butter, natural (for hoisin sauce)|
|1 tbsp||Molasses (for hoisin sauce)|
|2 tbsp||Rice vinegar (for hoisin sauce)|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for hoisin sauce)|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil (for hoisin sauce)|
1. Cut tofu into strips and marinate in tamari and sesame oil while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. If adding an egg, scramble it in sesame oil and then remove from pan.
3. Pour 2-3 tsp of sesame oil into a large frying pan and cook garlic and ginger until soft.
4. Add shiitake mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes, until soft.
5. Add cabbage and cook until it wilts. If mixture gets dry add more sesame oil.
6. Add tofu and continue cooking.
7. Stir in green onions and carrots.
8. Add soy sauce and cook until warmed through.
9. Mix hoisin sauce ingredients until smooth.
10. To serve the Moo Shu, spoon the cabbage mixture onto prepared rice paper. Drizzle with hoisin sauce, roll like a burrito and enjoy.