|10 min||10 min||24|
|2 1/2 cup||All-purpose white flour (organic - or spelt)|
|1/2 tbsp||Ginger, ground|
|1/2 cup||Canola oil (or use grapeseed oil or olive oil)|
|1/2 cup||Granulated sugar (or organic cane sugar)|
|2 large egg||Egg|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Water (hot)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C). Prepare mini-muffin tins with papers. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, vigorously whisk canola oil, molasses, sugar and eggs. Set aside.
4. In small bowl, dissolve soda with hot water. Add to canola oil and sugar mixture, whisking until fully blended. Fold in flour mixture until well blended.
5. Divide into prepared muffin or mini-muffin cups.
6. Bake until cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean, about 9-11 minutes.
7. Let cool in pans fully prior to removing.