|10 min||45 min||6|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 large||Yellow onion (diced)|
|1 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|1 can(14oz)||Chickpeas, canned, low sodium (drained, rinsed)|
|1 large||Carrots (peeled, sliced into rounds)|
|2 medium stalk(s)||Celery (diced)|
|1 can(s) (28oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1/3 cup||Raisins, seedless (sultana)|
|1/3 cup whole||Black olives (pitted)|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh (chopped, for garnish)|
1. In a large pot, sauté onion in oil at a medium-high heat, until softened.
2. Add spices and chickpeas and stir well. Add vegetables and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes (including liquid), water and raisins and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 40 minutes.
5. Add olives, cayenne and sea salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Serve and enjoy!
are an excellent source of plant-based protein!