|10 min||20 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Canola oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Paprika, sweet|
|1/2 cup||Cilantro (coriander)|
|454 gm||Tomato (ripe, peeled, seeded, chopped)|
1. Trim ends off eggplant, with a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Pare off alternating strips of skin so that the eggplant appears striped. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes. Sprinkle with salt and toss well.
2. In a 10-inch sauté pan, warm canola oil over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and sauté 1 minute. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low and cover pan; sweat eggplant for 10 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in cumin, paprika, and cilantro, and sauté until mixture smells fragrant, about 10 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Turn heat to medium-low and sauté until mixture is thickened and some eggplant is smooth and some chunky, about 7 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and let mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving to settle the flavours.
Serve and enjoy!
are packed full of fibre and B vitamins, it also has polyphenols which help to combat free radical damage in our cells!