|5 min||55 min||1 h||4|
|1 tsp||Liquid aminos|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 cup chopped||Carrots|
|1/2 cup diced||Celery|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|567 gm||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (sliced, or choice of mushroom)|
|8 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, low sodium|
|1 cup||Barley, dry|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1/2 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
1. Heat a small amount of water and liquid aminos in a pot.
2. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic; cook and stir until onions are tender and transparent.
3. Stir in mushrooms and continue to cook for a few minutes.
4. Pour in the broth and add barley. Add spices and herbs.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
6. Cover and simmer until barley is tender, about 50 minutes.
7. Add in arugula last 15 minutes of cooking.
8. Season with sea salt and pepper before serving.
provide key vitamins and minerals important for good health and maintenance of the body!