|10 min||35 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 large||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 medium stalk(s)||Celery (diced)|
|1 medium||Carrots (diced)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped)|
|1 package (227g)||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (sliced)|
|227 gm||Button mushrooms (sliced)|
|227 gm||Portobello mushroom (chopped)|
|1/2 cup||White wine (or red)|
|3 tbsp||Portobello mushroom, dried (soaked for 10 minutes, then discard water)|
|1 tbsp||Thyme, fresh|
|1 tbsp||Sage, fresh (chopped)|
|1 dash||Red pepper flakes|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|5 cup||Vegetable stock/broth, gluten-free (or mushroom stock)|
|1 cup||Buckwheat groats, dry|
|2 tsp||Lemon peel (zest) (for garnish)|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh (chopped, for garnish)|
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the garlic to the pan and continue cooking until you can smell the garlic.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and have released all the juices.
4. Pour in the wine, the dried mushrooms and add the thyme, sage, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes more, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add the mushroom stock and buckwheat groats. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Partially cover and cook 15 minutes, or until groats are tender.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings.
7. Serve with chopped parsley, lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper.
are a great source of antioxidants which is important for healthy immunity!