|10 min||20 min||4|
|1 dash||Black pepper (for dressing)|
|3 medium egg||Egg|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)|
|1/2 cup||Grape tomatoes|
|1 1/2 tbsp chopped||Shallots (minced, for dressing)|
|1/2 cup||Kalamata olives|
|1/2 tsp||Kosher salt (for dressing)|
|4 cup||Lettuce, romaine|
|1 can drained||White tuna, canned in oil, drained|
|227 gm||Green/yellow string beans, raw|
|1/2 medium pepper(s)||Green bell pepper (julienned)|
|1/2 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (julienned)|
|454 gm||Red mini potato|
|2 tbsp||Red wine vinegar (for dressing)|
1. Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and slowly boil for 5 minutes. Remove to an ice water bath. Once cooled, peel and chop for the salad.
2. Prepare potatoes by washing and cutting in half or quarters depending on the size. Cut tomatoes in half, finely slice the peppers and finely chop the shallots.
3. Place potatoes in a pot covered with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender approximately 10 minutes. Place in an ice water bath to stop cooking.
4. Add green beans to a pot of boiling water and simmer for 4 minutes until tender crisp and a bright green colour. Place in an ice water bath to stop cooking.
5. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake.
6. Serve on a large platter with all ingredients drizzled with dressing or let your family select their favourite ingredients and assemble individual salads.
is a great source of protein and high in Omega 3's
are an excellent source of vitamin C
are full of dietary fiber which is great for promoting digestion